CMIP has joined Linkedin! LinkedIn is an online professional network designed to help members find jobs, connect with other professionals, and locate business opportunities. Join our Group!
Add Center for Metamaterials Linkedin Groupto your LinkedIn network! This group offers an opportunity for you to network, discuss technical issues, and share upcoming events in your chapter.
With 19 million users, LinkedIn.com is an online network of people from all over the world. LinkedIn is one of the best-know and most widely used business networking sites. Through LinkedIn, you can make personal "inside" connections in relation to job opportunities, you can promote your personal brand and qualifications, and you can be found and pursued for job opportunities.
In the guide to using LinkedIn for business and career management, I'm On LinkedIn: Now What?, Jason Alba explains that there are six major benefits to LinkedIn:
- The ability to be known and enhance your personal brand
- The ability to be found by recruiters or other hiring authorities
- The ability to find others and make important connections
- The opportunity to learn and share
- The ability to connect with group members
- The opportunity to show you are plugged in to current technology